About

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Switching to Eco Beauty Products



























Today I went on a little shopping spree to find some more eco-friendly beauty products that I could switch to. I say ‘beauty’ but I bought a toothpaste and a toothbrush, does that count? I guess they’re used to make your teeth beautiful, so they count! :)

I wanted to document the products I was using before, and the ones that I bought today, to keep a record of my eco transition (or journey! ;) )  I bought: organic cotton pads, organic toothpaste and a bamboo toothbrush.

























I switched to a natural toothpaste before, with natural ingredients BUT the problem that I had with it was that I did not like the taste!  I finished it anyway (nothing going to waste!) and this time I chose this particular product because it is organic, vegan, cruelty free, and hopefully tastes yummy! There are quite a few natural organic options out there with various tastes like tutti frutti and aloe vera, with even children friendly ones like strawberry. I chose the mint-green tea flavour because 1. Mint is refreshing and 2. I like green tea!

Toothpaste: Urtekram



















I am SO excited about this purchase, I have been wanting one for a long long time: a bamboo toothbrush!! Bamboo is fully biodegradable and recyclable, unlike plastic toothbrushes. It came in a little paper box, also recyclable. This particular one is vegan and fair trade. What more could I want??

Fun fact: Bamboo is the fast growing plant and very abundant on our planet.

Yay for bamboo toothbrushes! Isn’t it super cute? Cute toothbrush. That’s right.

Toothbrush: The Environmental Toothbrush TM



























The last thing I bought were some cotton eye pads for removing my makeup. I always bought normal ones, but now I switched to organic cotton. The bag is also made from biodegradable plant derived material.


Cotton wool pads: Boots

Everything was so inexpensive and I can't wait to try out these products! My bamboo toothbrush is now being cute in my reused jam jar by my sink. 

:) 



No comments:

Post a Comment